Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Random Updates and Thoughts + Patreon-Poll Winner

Hey everyone, it's been almost two months since my last update over here...

I've been mostly posting on my Patreon which is why I didn't do much updating over here. (Besides changing the progression sidebar ofc)
So let's make this a big one and cover some of the stuff that happened after Lucario!


Last month I focused on scripting/eventing the Dream Molder scenes which are about 65% done by now.
If the speed keeps up I might be able to finish and give out the Character-Sketch Demo with all the main routes of the story.

Just as in the reading sample I gave out before there's no CG's and H-Scenes yet.
However, unlike in the sample all of the scenes will be fully scripted and show character sketches while speaking and proper message boxes/names.






For anyone that didn't play the reading sample the whole demo will pretty much look like this.









CG's will be simple placeholders with a simple discription for you to know what's happening and a CG-ID for me to know which picture I have to replace them with later on.

<< Example




Also since the character-sketch demo is going to cover all the story paths you will be able to make some decisions this time around.



Back in the first Dream Molder Demo decisions only changed her affection to you to unlock different scenes and decisions in the end of the game.

This time it will have a bigger impact on the story itself, changing what happens and the ending of the story alltogether.


There will still be some smaller decisions just as in the old Demo, but for now it's just the big ones to keep focus on the story.

H-Scenes are the only thing that aren't scripted since I'm waiting for everything else to be done before making those.
To prevent confusion it will show/give notice that there should be one right now but will skip straight to the next scene instead.

This can take from the immersion and skip some of the dialogue, but I think the main story parts should still come through. It's just for now after all.

But yeah, if everything works out I can upload the demo around the end of next month.
So let's hope together.


Patreon Poll Winner / February Pokémon

In my last post I was talking about how I'm thinking of putting up a poll on my patreon so you could vote the next Pokémon for me to draw over february.

As my patrons know I did put one up and the winner of said poll was Zoroark.

I need to say this whole poll thing is more of a experiment right now since I  have pretty big motivational problems if I'm just not in the mood/have the right ideas to draw something.

Sadly the exact thing happened and I'm kind of stuck and drawing progress is going way to slow now. (I did get a lot of progress on the Dream Molder scenes instead though, so that's at least something I guess.)

My idea was to draw a comic and animate the r18 panels, so I would have some content for both sfw and nsfw.
Since I cant get anything done however I will focus on the one sketch that turned out alright and make some different variations of it.

Kinda sad that it turned out that way but I guess that's why I tested it.
Maybe I can actually get some more stuff done this month after all, let's just wait and see for now.


For anyone interested here's a little teaser of the sketch I'm working on right now:


WIP > Cropped NSFW Version



 
I'm going to upload the full/highres image on my patreon once the different versions are done.
It's not what I planned on doing but I hope some of you are still looking forward to it.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. It’s great to hear that Dream Molder is progressing well, I’m really looking forward to the demo release. Zoroark looks good as well.

    I wouldn’t feel bad about working on Dream Molder over the Zoroark/Lucario pics. Dream Molder is the main project we are all here for after all. The whole purpose of the extra pics was to give you something to draw when you felt like a break from Dream Molder. I’m sure most of us would rather you finish up the Lucario and Zoroark pictures in your own time instead of feeling like you have to start a new pic every other month. The Lucario animation preview in particular was amazing and I’d hate for the work put into it to be wasted.

    So I guess what I’m saying is that you should work on what you want to without feeling pressure to deliver all the time. I’m sure everyone here and on Patreon would be fine with you not putting up another art poll until you were done with the previous ones in your own time.

    Anyway, keep up the good work and I look forward to whatever it is you post next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont sweat it.

    the main focus of the patreon and blog was dream molder and whatever projects are afterward. i thought the sketches were to have more interaction with supporters and take a break form the game and draw something else for a bit. so you dont go crazy. sounds like its having the opposite effect. sorry.

    now that i think about it. turning yourself into an art slave may not be a good fun way to take a break from bigger projects. and far from motivating for sure. but in all seriousness. if its a problem now its definately gonna be a problem later. you do WHATEVER you want to do. when you feel like it. just focus entirely on dream molder if thats what you want. and take a full on break when its too much.

    if money becomes an issue without the little side projects, you can change to monthly payments. youll have to make a monthly update though so patreon doesnt think you're inactive.

    if youre worried about not interacting enough with us, just start discussion about whatever. rant about a movie or something. anything. we can do fun things here. or make a non work related discord so we can share goofy or cool stuff, or even art we made. not me because i have no talent but someone maybe.

    main point is you are already making something that feels to good to be true. you dont have to work yourslef dead making lewds to keep us around. you can scrap the sketch voting entirely if you dont think you can stay motivated or inspired.

    these are just suggestions. maybe you like one. or none. the only thing i think you should be doing is working at your pace and nothing more.

    i wish you luck however you go about things!

    -funky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having more interaction with supporters and taking a break from the the repetitive work on the game was the main reason, but I guess it could have been more thought through from my side. :P

      I pretty much knew that I'm bad with that stuff but wanted to try anyway, so it's not like I'm worrying too much about it now.

      If I don't get anything done I'll just take my time with it and upload it another month.
      I'm just ranting because it didn't work out the way I wanted it to. ^^"
      So no need to worry. :3

      But it's nice to see that you guys are so supportive in that matter. I'm sure I'll make it work somehow.


      Those are some nice suggestions btw, especially the Discord one. Sadly I'm too shy/awkward for this kind of stuff.
      But maybe it works out in the future. :D

      Delete
  3. I’m too with sparky66 and Funky, I like most the idea of work in dream molder because is the main proyect and the reason of why I’m here, but, of course, when YOU WANT, and dont feel that you are forced to give out something every month, ‘cause we know that you are give the better of you, just relax and you’ll see how the things gonna to be fine ;), plus that zoroark is very cute (*3*).

    PD: I cant wait for the sketch demo, but that doesn’t say that I want to press you :,), because you too are a human, not a robot designed for work all time don’t you?(...RIGHT :v!!?)

    PD2: doesn’t bother me if you change to monthly payment on patreon, ‘cause I want to show you my support on one or more ways :,).

    -Brayan X.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the zoroark! But of course I came here from dream moulder, so having you work on that over the other pokemon art pieces is no problem at all, and you shouldn't feel bad. It's just great to hear that you're keeping at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As the others say, do not push yourself too hard if you think you need to take a break, then take a break, no one will complain about it and just do what you really want to do.

    I really liked Zoroark, she's cute in my opinion.

    I wish the best for you as always.

    Bryan Gabriel

    ReplyDelete
  6. You said one of your friends have created a discord, correct?

    Isn’t the Discord 18+ only?
    Considering the style of art that you do and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do seperate nsfw and sfw channels on the server, but considering that most people following me are probably interested in the nsfw stuff that's probably what most people come looking for when they join.

      Delete