Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Progress Summary (Late June)

Hey again everyone, I'm back to post some minor updates & progress on what I've been doing over the weeks.

Similiar to earlier this month there isn't a lot to post, but I'll try to show whatever I can regardless.

Short Summary + Info
Coloring / Model & Animation Work
-Finished shading and modeling a couple of the characters needed for EP1
-Started preparing and coloring the next ones

Script Work
-rewrote a couple more scripts needed for EP1,

Braixen Tamagotchi Work
-started writing the scripts & lines needed for the Tama
-replaced some of the sketches used with a proper model & animations

----------

There's honestly not a lot that happened as coloring & modeling still took me quite a bit.
As before I don't think it's worth updating these kind of things but I don't want to
let you guys sit in the dark/wait for new information either.

Just know that I'm quietly working in the background and actually finishing stuff off one at the time.

I've realized that I've been rushing things too much a couple of times now and slowed down a bit when it came to work on the Braixen Tamagotchi & Sara (the Players childhood friend in the main game).

Keeping to myself and simply focusing on the work definitely improves the quality a lot and I hope that this will actually be visible in the end though.


Starting next month (July) I will actually have a lot of time to work on the game again and can use a proper time plan to not only work on the game but also do some random animations again. (Lopunny is waiting for a while now)
So let's look forward for those and hopefully have something proper to post at the end of next month!

Some more details, spoilers and the usual rambling
I've been hoping to have finished most of the models needed for DM Episode 1 by now but I'm still not quite done.
I've finished enough to add everything into the main game though so starting this month I will work through each DM Scene and make it 100% playable, working on it one at the time until Episode 1 is finished.

This way I can put out somewhat of an daily progress again too since I can post whenever one scene is done.

Model Work
There isn't much to say or show here since most models finished are side characters that are neither important nor have special features/poses to show.

There's the ruffians that have their skeletons finished but no actual animations yet
(so all they can do is kinda idle around in different random poses) and...



 ..the one filler Pokemon I've decided to add for some reason.




I'm working on finishing the other few side characters too
and actually started working on a lot more than I wanted to initially.

I'm not sure which ones are actually going to end up in the game though, so I might end up not finishing them at all.

I'll most likely make this decision when finishing the scenes those characters are in since that will reveal if it feels strange to not having them shown in the first place.







Sara's Model
This was probably one of the bigger parts of the model work needed for EP1.

Physics Preview            /            Test Expressions/Animations

Sara's model is build and works similiar to Fia's/Braixens model but I actually knew what I was doing this time around.

This not only made it a lot easier but a lot cleaner looking as well, which is kind of shame if you think about who the main character is supposed to be.

It did show me that I at least learned some stuff while doing all of this though so if I ever have the chance I definitely know how to improve Fia's model.

As you can see in the preview I've already completely finished the skeleton and added physics, a couple of animations and simple functions needed for the game.

Similar to Braixen's model you can also change the outfit she's wearing directly on the model so adding newer ones for the later episodes will be no problem either.

                                                Clothing Test (Somewhat NSFW)

I'm going to try keeping up this quality for the coming more important side characters, but it's definitely going to be less important.

Script & Tamagotchi related stuff
While I did a lot of work on the models I've also did quite a bit of programming in the background.

There's a lot of thought that went into the different Tamagotchi systems and most of the message box related scripts in the main game have been replaced by now.

Something I'm a little bit stuck right now is adding chat lines and other responses for each different natured Braixen and how I'm actually going to use them in the end.
I'll take my time with those and update you properly when the whole system is done though.


I've made some additional UI stuff, finished the naming screen for both game start and first Tama use.
(Don't mind the unaligned background, that's just a placeholder xD)

I'm gonna ask you guys for suggestions for the random names later on btw,
so Patrons will be able to have their own or OC Names added to the list. :>

A lot of other scripts are mostly functional and there isn't much to show yet, If you're interested in the save menu and that kinda stuff though I'll definitely update you on that too.


Lastly I've replaced some of the early Tama sketches with the proper model and made/added some proper animations to it.

I thought that it would be cute to be able to pat/scratch your Braixen in different locations and have each Braixen have it's own favorite spots, which is probably gonna look somewhat like this.

I'm planning to give pat scenes and similar Tama stuff it's own more detailed model in the future,
for now it's using the usual DM Braixen Model though.



But this is pretty much all I'm able to show right now...
As mentioned before I'm actually skipping support for this month over on Patreon again, nobody needs to worry about though.
Patreon is not my main income/job and although it does help me pay for the servers/software and tools needed to work on all this I would simply feel bad having anyone pay for something I'm not satisfied with myself.

When I feel like I've done enough for myself and/or need the extra funds I'll definitely put it back on.

For anyone that is bothered by this (I have been asked for my paypal/etc a couple of times) I'm thinking of adding a simple donation button somewhere if that's something you want.

Just know that at the moment simply reading through these kinda posts and following what I'm doing is enough support to keep me going already!

I hope this was informative and/or entertaining for some of you guys and I'll see you around with my next update in hopefully ~2 weeks!

Stay healthy and have a good time everyone,
Dark~

6 comments:

  1. Nice, but i have a only question
    will you do the tama with the same function/system of pokemon go or a similar thing? what i mean is that poGo has a function(in RA) that the pokemon can detect the enviroment where he is and you said "I thought that it would be cute to be able to pat/scratch your Braixen in different locations and have each Braixen have it's own favorite spots" I hope i don´t bother you with this question but im a little bit confused with that last thing.
    and thanks for the update and if you do a thing like that you´re gonna be a legend.
    Good luck in everything and take yourself care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I meant that it's gonna be randomly generated or dependent on your Braixens nature and mood where it likes to be pet.
      So some Braixen might like having their ears scratched while others get mad if you try to.

      And while there's not gonna be any auto location feature like in GO you will be able to manually change the background.
      Something that I think would be cool would be adding some furniture etc to Braixens room and similar stuff, that's not gonna be anything I'm gonna work on anytime soon though.

      Delete
  2. Tried the demo and i gotta say it has a nice story and wonderful visuals, i hope you keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just to confirm the full game isnt out yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish. xD
      I'm still working on everything, stopped Patreon Support completely because I'm taking too long pretty much but I am in fact still working on it.
      Gonna let everyone know once it is out though, so no worries you wont miss it.

      Delete