Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Dream Molder game length and progress update

Hey everyone!
I actually didn't want to give updates without any pictures or anything new to see, but I also
didnt want to go too long without any news again...

A few weeks ago I said that I'm going to finish the scipt for Dream Molder next and today after work I finally sat down another 8 hours without break to finish the last bit of it.

It's around 3am here right now and I have to get up again in the morning so I'm trying to not drag this out too long and give out some Info on what I have and what I still have to do right now.
If anyone wants to have more infos or has wishes / proposals for the game, you can always leave me a message.
Preferably on Furaffinity or Deviant Art since I visit them on breaks or on the road and will see them fastest.
I will see them here too at some point, but until the site actually has some activity it will take much longer before I realize, sry about that. D:


Enough of that, here we go:

Game Size / Length
The game itself is devided into ~18 scenes for one playthrough. (Without counting in H-Scenes)
In comparison, the Dream Molder demo I released used 3 scenes.
  • The story introduction + day at fair
  • The dream scene at night
  • The H-Scene
If we say that the Demo was ~1 hour of gameplay, the full game lengh should be around 6 hours for one playthrough.
This is estimated pretty generously of course since the demo wasn't 1 hour of gameplay for everyone.
Additionally the scenes won't all have the same lenght so it's really just a guess for now.
But adding the H-Scenes it'll hopefully get to at least 6-7 hours.

For additional info, I will reuse the scenes from the demo but completly rewrite them to better fit the whole story and fresh them up.

Endings
Planned are 5 endings for now and I hope to add a lot of small questions that might not influence the story / ending but change up the gameplay in a way, like additional styles and outfits for Braixen.
The different endings (unlike the demo ones) completly change the outcome of the story and if the player even gets to be with Braixen.

2 Endings are with Braixen, 1 with a story relevant girl, 1 could be called the harem route and the last one is a secret. :>

Every ending has his own path and scenes, but the length of the playthrough completly depends on the story and where the path splits up.
So a lot of scenes get reused or just slightly changed until the big change hits.
I still hope that they're worth playing through all of them in the end.

What's still to do?
Next step is properly writing and finishing all the dialogues.
This is going to take a while again, but its the last step before I can start drawing and uploading pictures and sketches for the game.

I also still need to write the Hentai Scenes.
I do have them planned already, but it's easier for me to write them out after I finished the animation to properly match what I drew and make the scene longer / more enjoyable.
Again, makes it slower so its not the best methode but the best I can do right now.

I dont think that it will work out until then, but I hope to get it done over the next 2 weeks.
It all comes down to how much time I have after work and the biggest one if my health plays along.


I really wish I could do this faster, but for now this is all I can do...
Tell me what you guys think and I'm gonna update whenever Im done and ready to draw and animate!

Have a nice week everyone and see you next time! :3

35 comments:

  1. This made my day.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved this game and i freaked out when i finished the demo. i cant wait for the full version! THANKYOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered the blog link in my mailbox... 2 months later. But wow this is a seriously ambitious project reading all that above. Hope it’s still going well. Usually projects of this scale slow down and die from lack of support/attention or the creator abandons it. Good luck to you! I know it can’t be easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please continue your work, I believe you can make a great story, and I want to see it come to fruition. I know you haven't updated in a while, or if you did, I didn't see it, but thank you for persisting thus far and please hit the finish line. Your fan, Anonymous Boi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don’t worry. They’re still active. They’ve posted smaller progress updates every few days that can’t be viewed in the mobile version of the site. The chart is very recent as of a few days ago. There just isn’t a date.

      Delete
    2. Er. there is a date for the most recent update on the chart. I just missed it.

      Delete
  5. oye weon como lo descrago dame link pero el juego completo

    ReplyDelete
  6. chucha lo dije mal como descargo completo

    ReplyDelete
  7. how i can dowload the full game? :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly the full game isn't finished yet as I'm still working on it and it might take some time before I can give a download.

      However, I'm finishing a text-/sketch-only demo at the moment and might be able to give a download for that one in (hopefully) about a month.

      Delete
  8. I have a quick question regarding the song that's played at the first H scene? what is this song it's really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should be "Danse Morialta" by Kevin MacLeod if I remember correctly.
      The other one that's playing in the dream scene is "Disquiet".
      Hope that helps.

      Delete
    2. Yep Danse Morialta is the one, thanks alot! Keep up the good work too this has alot of potential.

      Delete
  9. When is the full VN expected to be done I am really excited for it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I really have no way of guessing when the game would be done.
      It's probably still going to take a while, that's all I can say...

      However, I'am working on a "Sketch Demo" right now that hopefully doesn't take too long anymore.
      I'm hoping on somewhere around march for that one, but right now I can't really tell..

      Delete
  10. Can we contact you through any social media ? Discord ? Fanfiction PM ? We would love to be in touch :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I'am pretty much only on the sites that I upload on. So on this blog, deviantart, furaffinity and patreon.

      I'm not really a social/don't have a lot of time which is why I rarely hang around on any sites at all.
      But if you have any suggestions for something like a discord or site you would like to talk on I could look into it.

      I'm always trying to reply on the other sites though if I'm able to!

      Delete
    2. For some reason, I've issues with furaffonity in doing basic tasks. I'll gladly be in touch here, even though I'll try to get a deviantart account. I wonder if you're on Fanfiction, it would be nice to browse through your favourites. Oh, and do tell me if you join discord (be warned it will eat up your free time like anything) we've a small writers group around this topic and would love to have someocne as talented as you. And another question, how long does it take for one complete coloured sketch,on an average?
      Lots of love
      Fifi (I bet you'll recognise this name ;)

      Delete
    3. I'll take a look if I can get my hands on discord then, that's probably easiest for everyone. Gonna let everyone know once it happens. :>

      I don't really think I'm a good writer though.
      While I have a lot of ideas for cute/cool stuff I'm not really good at writing the details and surrounding stuff.
      I'm interested in your work then though!

      A colored sketch really depends on the sketch itself and can take up anything from a few minutes to an hour.
      Problem for me is mostly coming up with a sketch and getting proportions right which can take multiple hours depending on if I like it or not.
      Not much of an answer, but hope that helps. xD

      Delete
    4. Just be careful that you don't spend excessive time in discord. Other than that, I'm glad to hear that you'll be joining soon :D

      We've many writers but fewer artists. And I believe you're a good developer too, I don't even know how you made the animations, not even asking about that program.
      I'm a bit surprised at your speed, normally it takes quite a lot of time for a coloured sketch with a background, atleast from what I've heard.

      Oh and try googling "Boundaries" by ChoiceBrogan. It's one of my favourite stories ;)
      Lots of love
      Fifi

      Delete
    5. Haha, too much praise :P

      I wouldn't have the time or social capabilities to do so. xD

      The animations were made live2d.
      You pretty much put the different parts of the picture onto a flat "3d" canvas and bend/shape them as you need.
      It needs some practice but can look pretty cool if done properly.

      I'm going to take a look at it if I find the time. :>

      Delete
    6. Honestly, I've read quite less of your story material ( as it will probably take half your life up to make an animation for a novel-sized story) but you've got something special, your animations. Playing the visual novel was quite fun, and piqued my curiosity as to what material you like to read. If it's possible,may I get your Fanfiction account name to see your favourite stories ? Or else you can just name a few stories you've taken inspiration from or any you like to read.
      Do reply if and whenever you join discord,I'll be rushing to add you :D
      Oh and do tell me if you need some nice stories,I've aplenty. All are lemon-less though ;)
      If you want, I'll get someone check the grammar /spellings in your story . Some small ones pass by unnoticed

      Delete
    7. Sadly I don't really have a ff account or anything similear.
      While I do read some japanese lightnovels and doujinshi from time to time, I'm not much of a reader since I barely have the time to do so.

      The visual novel was pretty much my first attempt at everything from drawing and animating to writing.

      I was actually looking for some stories and inspiration in english while I was writing it, but didn't know about any sites that would help.

      I do remember my sister writing some stuff on ff though and should have thought to look at some stories over there. :>

      I'm going to post the link for the discord server in a couple days when I'm done with the next update for the demo.
      If you really want to add me before you can pm me on Deviant art though so I can send you the tag.

      Delete
    8. I see .But you must have read atleast one story to get inspired. Which story introduced you to this community?
      Do send me your sister's FF account, I'll love to have a read. Oh and do ask for Fifi here : discord(dot)gg(slash)3ETE6c5
      This is the writers group.
      You might have heard of the owner, he's a pretty popular and nice author. He's "The Vilified" on FF.

      Delete
    9. Oh I forgot to send my tag! It's Fifi the Braixen#4461

      Delete
  11. PS which is the music playing in the background? I think I've heard it elsewhere? Or is it original?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the music depends on the version you played.
      Older versions were using royalty free music mostly(all?) made by Kevin MacLeod.
      Some of the tracks were really good, but are used in every 3rd youtube video/free project which probably makes it harder to connect with the scene if you recognize it.

      The newest demo(charsketch) uses a few, mostly nameless tracks from various artists, that I bought licenses for.
      I don't have a list or links for them right now but I will definitely add one once I'm sure which ones I'm going to keep.

      Delete
    2. Thanks :D
      That piano background music was quite relaxing.

      Delete
  12. it doesn't open, i see that it pops up in the task manager, but it closes a second later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm..
      I would guess that it's something on your computer that blocks it for some reason since you're the first to post this.
      Are you using the latest version and did you try to see if the browser version works?

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Not even close :p
      I've put up something similar to a roadmap over here though. https://indarkwaters.lima-city.de/info.html

      I'm pretty much working on getting the first part out in march/next month.
      I wish that it would go faster myself, not much I can do against the time I need though.

      Delete
    2. Take your time. People can wait for perfection.

      Delete
  14. You still working in the game?
    The sketch demoo is very good :)

    ReplyDelete