Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Just some random Update on what I'm working on right now... :>

Thought I should  give some update on what I have planned for this month so far, so impatient people like me have something for now and I can stop breaking my head that anyone could think that I'm not doing anything or loose interest. xD

So here's the plan:
:D

Right now I'm working on the 2 title screens for the VN Demo.
Yep, 2.
Thought it would be cool to have one of them randomly pop up upon opening the game.
Right now they look something like this:
















I tried to give them a more painterly style unlike the rest of the art in the game.
First time trying that, but I think it came out alright.
Still need to work on my background skills, but let's shove that aside for now. xD

I wont do too many changes on them either since I think that's the best I can do atm.
Might do some more effects and/or lightning changes, before I do those I will start animating the pictures though.

Nothing fancy, just some waving grass and a breathing animation on braixen maybe.
That would bring us to the thing I'm doing right now, cutting everything into peaces to make it usable for animating.



I think this is the longest and most annoying step about preparing the work on those animation.
The title screens wont have too many parts since the animation wont be too fancy, but it's annoying nonetheless.






So in the end it should only take me a few days to finish those.

After that I will start fixing some of the bugs and grammar errors left in the game and it should be ready to upload it as the public version.

I wont upload it until the end of the month though so my patrons have something like a reward for supporting me, beeing able to play the game a month before public release.
I also want to try making one additional H-Scene Animation until then as additional reward.




The animation was actually supposed to be part of the game but after rewriting the H-Scene a couple of times to make it sound acceptable it didn't fit in anymore, so I left it out.





This was just the sketch that I used for the first few tests of the game, but I plan to color it, cut it into usable peaces, make a skeleton out of it and animate it properly.
It would be cool if I could get it done and upload it as a short hq video reward for my patrons before end of the month, I'm not too sure about how much I get done though since I start working again this month and there's some constructions on my apartment going on that could get bigger problems.
Worst that could happen would be that I have to move out till end of the year, but let's not be too negative here. xD

I got more support than I expected with the patreon release of the demo what actually really surprised me.
I know it's not the world, but I'm still happy about all the support, sharing and attention my work got. This is supposed to be something like a thank-you for your interest. :>

So I can't promise anything, but let's hope I'll get this done! :D

One last thing, I know that the blog here isn't the best spot to post updates since it get's the least attention, but I dont want to post anything on Patreon or FA as long as I don't actually have anything to upload.
I thought about removing this blog since it's pretty much just laying around, but for now I guess I'll just keep it and post my random thoughts like this one here until I change my mind. xD

If you didn't play the game yet you can download it at my patreon over here:
https://www.patreon.com/InDarkWaters

If you want to wait for the public release I'll see you there. :D
Thank you for your interest and sorry for the long post. ;3

2 comments:

  1. please finish it it will be something i would actually enjoy in my miserable life so please finish it not for me but for everyone who enjoys this game and your work

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRUUHHH.... This fella is something but my bet it will get finshed is 2026 or 2025

    ReplyDelete